Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I would like to to see it at least drivable. "Done" will take a long time. I got screwed on the motor I bought. I don't know anything about motors so I guess it's just another lesson learned. On the bright side it is a good rebuildable core. Also the a$$es that helped load the cab ruined the roof so it's going to need a new roof skin as well. :( It's not too bad but not to my likings.

It's coming along slowly. I'm doing everything right the first time this time. No rush jobs to get it back on the road like it was when it was my daily driver.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
At least ur doin it right thats all that matters. I was in a hurry to get mine painted and its been six months and now I'm not in real hurry to rush just wanna make sure all is done right

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to to see it at least drivable. "Done" will take a long time. I got screwed on the motor I bought. I don't know anything about motors so I guess it's just another lesson learned. On the bright side it is a good rebuildable core. Also the a$$es that helped load the cab ruined the roof so it's going to need a new roof skin as well. :( It's not too bad but not to my likings.

It's coming along slowly. I'm doing everything right the first time this time. No rush jobs to get it back on the road like it was when it was my daily driver.

couldnt agree with you more! atleast that can be my excuse because i aint been doin nothin to my truck lol

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stupid question:

would you have had to lengthen the frame for the crewcab conversion if it was a longbed ext cab?

thanks.
im debating doing the crewcab/shortbed route myself.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No it won't work, the frame is completely different underneath the bed than it is under the cab. You would have to stretch the frame under the cab regardless of bed length.