Side view mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a quick question about the side mirrors. I was wanting to get the sport mirrors but then I seem the sail mount style. Is there much of a difference in them, any pictures of trucks with them? Also is it good to buy them from rock auto or look for OEM?

You must be registered for see images attach

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I don't see any difference. Aftermarkets are usually plastic. OEM's are metal.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There shouldnt be any difference between the 2....they should be exactly the same..all it is,is another way to describe the part since its made by a different company.....the part numbers are even the same

Last edited:

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay, in the picture the sail mount looks to have a little arch in them lol maybe it's just me. Now I know why some were going for $100+. What's the opinions on the plastics?

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the plastic sport mirrors on mine(i have never seen metal ones) ...... And i like them alot...they are on the small side lol but they function just fine as far as being plastic....they are just as sturdy as any other mirror ive had.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool deal. It'll take some getting use to, but I for sure wont miss those dumbo mirrors!!

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol it gets a little sketchy sometime at first when changing lanes and relying on your sport mirrors.....they dont show a large area lol