Side marker on one side not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaleoaga

Reaction score
I need help figuring out why this side (driver side) doesnt light up along with other side when i turn on headlight switch.. it cant be a ground or power issue because it works when i use my turn signal
You must be registered for see images attach

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I need help figuring out why this side (driver side) doesnt light up along with other side when i turn on headlight switch.. it cant be a ground or power issue because it works when i use my turn signal
You must be registered for see images attach
Im not 100% sure but it sounds like a switch issue. Or you have a wire back words. Check the wire thats on your turn single. If it has power constantly then thats the one. Your turn single should only have power when the switch is activated. Im only guessing that because your wiring in aftermarket lights. It could be something simple as a backwords wire.

I hope someone with more knowledge then me will chime in. Good luck on your project

Sincere: Hunter

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not 100% sure but it sounds like a switch issue.
Nope. The other side works, so we know the switch is working. It also works when using the turn signal, so kaleoaga is correct that it's not a ground issue. Have you checked the bulb to see if the parking light filament is bad? If it's good, then you know the issue is wiring between the switch and the bulb.

What I do see is a rat's nest of wires with a chintzy crimp connector and a bread-tie. I don't mind crimp connectors, but they need to be the good heat-shrink ones. Crimp, tug test, and then shrink. Never use wire ties to hold wiring. Instead, trim that excess wire length.

Get out that test light and start looking for where the power ends.

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, looks like new lights and didn't see it mentioned yet: dismount and try it on the opposite side wiring to rule out a DOA part.