Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, there's kits out on the market already....i dont remember exactly what they're called. prolly wheelwell lights or something along those lines.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
info on the needle illum? want to make mine white with the blue guages. got pics of the one led retro i did in the drivers door switch havent done any others and need to get my blue ones for the doors did white as a practice

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello everyone. ive been busy lately so my turn signal project was postponed for a bit but i finally had the time last week to start up again and i just got them finshed up and installed today. plus i did a bench test when everything was built and i accidentally hooked up the battery backwards.... so i fried the regulator in a milisecond and i didnt have any spares so i had to order another one (plus a few spares just in case). so i re-soldered the new VR in place and hooked everything up again and made sure the batt was hooked correctly and wala, worked like it should. In this project i tried to make it a lot smaller component wise compared to my tail light setup so it could mount/fit in the engine bay easier so all i have is the left and right turn lights with the leds and resistors on the same pcbs, the P.W.M. and a small pcb with the V.R and three ic Relays on it. in order to intigrate it with the original harness with out having to hack to much of it, i ran a few new wires. this way i can go back to stock in the future if need be. anyway here come the pics..

You must be registered for see images attach

this is one of the housings with the lens removed and two pieces of aluminum flat stock for brackets in order to mount the light.

this is after the light is mounted with nylon spaces to prevent a short from all the wires on the back. i also sprayed the back of the light prior to mounting with a couple coats of clear spray paint to give it a little insulation and to prevent rust/oxidation from moisture.

here both lights are mounted and the lenses were siliconed back on and in the sun drying. while they were drying i was installing the relay board, P.W.M. and soldering the new wires into the truck.

this is the back of one showing the plugs sealed in place along with the weatherproof connector i got from the local electronics shop to give easy disconect for front end work. pretty nifty if you ask me.. ha

this is the P.W.M. and the small pcb mounted between the battery and the airbox on the pass. side wheel well. i shot both sides of the board with paint also since this will see the most weather.

one final bench/installed test before the final install of the grill. the was the most exciting part to actually see it working on the truck with the truck controlls. :)

this is once everything is installed. the lights are in the parking light mode. kinda match the HID's which i think is pretty cool. but they get brighter when the signal is initiated.

i have a video clip but no site to host it so idk how to show it but its really not that big a deal. i think you guys get the point. lol tell me what your opinions are. i really like it. especially since its a one off!! :)

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
The pictures you attached did not work. You can email them to me & I can host them if you'd like.
Contact info is in my profile.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello everyone. ive been busy lately so my turn signal project was postponed for a bit but i finally had the time last week to start up again and i just got them finshed up and installed today. plus i did a bench test when everything was built and i accidentally hooked up the battery backwards.... so i fried the regulator in a milisecond and i didnt have any spares so i had to order another one (plus a few spares just in case). so i re-soldered the new VR in place and hooked everything up again and made sure the batt was hooked correctly and wala, worked like it should. In this project i tried to make it a lot smaller component wise compared to my tail light setup so it could mount/fit in the engine bay easier so all i have is the left and right turn lights with the leds and resistors on the same pcbs, the P.W.M. and a small pcb with the V.R and three ic Relays on it. in order to intigrate it with the original harness with out having to hack to much of it, i ran a few new wires. this way i can go back to stock in the future if need be. anyway here come the pics..

this is one of the housings with the lens removed and two pieces of aluminum flat stock for brackets in order to mount the light.

this is after the light is mounted with nylon spaces to prevent a short from all the wires on the back. i also sprayed the back of the light prior to mounting with a couple coats of clear spray paint to give it a little insulation and to prevent rust/oxidation from moisture.

here both lights are mounted and the lenses were siliconed back on and in the sun drying. while they were drying i was installing the relay board, P.W.M. and soldering the new wires into the truck.

this is the back of one showing the plugs sealed in place along with the weatherproof connector i got from the local electronics shop to give easy disconect for front end work. pretty nifty if you ask me.. ha

this is the P.W.M. and the small pcb mounted between the battery and the airbox on the pass. side wheel well. i shot both sides of the board with paint also since this will see the most weather.

one final bench/installed test before the final install of the grill. the was the most exciting part to actually see it working on the truck with the truck controlls.

this is once everything is installed. the lights are in the parking light mode. kinda match the HID's which i think is pretty cool. but they get brighter when the signal is initiated.

i have a video clip but no site to host it so idk how to show it but its really not that big a deal. i think you guys get the point. lol tell me what your opinions are. i really like it. especially since its a one off!!

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for the post with pics that didnt work. and i hope its not a waste of a post to duplicate with one with working pics. i think i know what happened in the last one. anyway, the pics should be visible now. idk why they are so small but i guess thay are clickable to enlarge. enjoy