Show Me 96+ Homemade C.A.I's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97ChevyZ71

Reaction score
I dont really like the restrictive factory intake so i need a new cai and i was gonna get a AEM brute force but i like the homemade ones cuz they mostly get COLD air,, and can u move the maf sensor if so how far?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
The factory intake gets air from the fender. Get really get much colder. afm cai dont do much on these trucks.

Adam

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a v6 flex tube. Came off a factory v6 for these trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yup, this ^^^.

About the only way to improve on it would be to remove the convoluted tubing and have straight tubing instead, but that is about the only complaint I have.

If you put an open element under the hood, it will be sucking in nice hot under hood air, not the best for power. Save your money instead and put it towards something else.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As said the intake isnt bad. The round filters in the vortecs are actually very good set ups. The only way to improve is use PVC instead of the corrugated tube and make sure the path into the fender is clear.

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here ya go. Pvc and a k and n. Cut the hole in fender bigger, box is coming when it gets warm out

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I have a v6 flex tube. Came off a factory v6 for these trucks.

What year is that off of? Been looking for one of those.