should my 98 have a chime for when you leave your lights on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a 98 tahoe and it doesnt have that warning chime when you leave your lights on and shut the truck off. Can someone post a pic of where I need to look in order to see if its missing or not? This truck has a ton of electrical options in it so I wouldnt doubt it if the previous owner bypassed it. I need it to work because I have a habit of running my marker lights during the day

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
(No pic) Under the dash should be a little black box that sits vertically on the left side of the dash and the right side of the little relay holder (not sure exactly what its called). Just clips in.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Yup, right under the dash. You can't miss it.

Here is a pic of one I have laying around:

You must be registered for see images attach

If you want a better chime (the OBS buzzer is an ear bleeder) get one from a 1990ish caprice. It sounds like a typical 90s car chime with different chimes for different things. A mid 90s caprice will not work BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1XG-hLEzXg

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm, that look very similiar to the one in my 94. I will have to look tomorrow and see if its still in there. There would be no reason why someone would take it out right?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
hmmm, that look very similiar to the one in my 94. I will have to look tomorrow and see if its still in there. There would be no reason why someone would take it out right?

I hated mine and don't use my headlights unless I can see they are on form the drivers seat. I took I tout mainly for the door though.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
They probably hated the buzzer and took it out. Pick another one up at the junkyard or I could sell you mine.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Or pick up one form another chevy. I think it was a n older impala that was much less annoying...

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Or pick up one form another chevy. I think it was a n older impala that was much less annoying...

I got mine from a 90 caprice. Mid 90s caprices are different as well as mid 80s caprices and they won't fit.