Should I apply a bed liner or not? Pros and Cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does look good, job well done!

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that does look good, job well done!

Yeah its pretty dry now, and ready for "light duty use" according to the instructions. Still looks nice and glossy with a fantastic texture. I have parked the truck in the garage for a few more days to cure before I use the bed or reinstall my toolbox and tie downs. Hoping it stays like this for a good long time, but I do expect it to fade a little over time, as the truck is primarily parked outdoors.

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I really like the liner. Nice grip when climbing in and out of the truck and to keep items from sliding around. I have noticed however that heavy sharp items can cut through to the metal leaving a mark as if someone sliced it with a knife. I have noticed a few marks like this after hauling around old car parts, tools, jacks, metal shelves, etc. It can also get scraped by sliding in items such as metal loading ramps and mower decks. These occasional mars are easily fixed with an aerosol can of bed liner I picked up at the auto parts store. Not marking down this particular product at all, as I think this would occur with any type of spray/roll-on bed liner product. I plan on purchasing a bed mat to put on top of the liner to prevent these type of scrapes and cuts from happening for the way I use my truck. The liner underneath the mat should keep the mat from sliding about, and to prevent any rust if moisture would to get trapped between the two for long periods of time.