Shifter issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, the last few days I've noticed that sometimes I'd move the shifter and end up in the wrong gear, like N instead of reverse or OD, or maybe 3 instead of OD. When leaving for work the truck wouldn't start, so I moved the shifter into gear and then back to park and it started, so I'm guessing the switch for P wasn't being made. Got to work and shifted to P and the truck started rolling forward and clicking like a partially engaged parking pin.

Normally I don't post questions before looking at something, but I haven't looked at it yet. I need to get this fixed quick so I'm asking what should I look for or check first?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good job :D I was worried the adjustment teeth in your shifter cable were starting to strip out and you'd need a new cable, or even worse, as you seem to have suspected - that the shift mechanism on the column was breaking. I've seen a couple broken from people reefing on it because their shift interlock solenoid wasn't working. That cast aluminum assembly WILL break!

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC