Service Engine Soon Light Circuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1320nut

Reaction score
Help in wiring my SES light installing new gauges removing old moon gauge set up my factory electrical diagram shows the wrong colors (shocker) when I test the wire that's supposed to be for my SES light it will not show voltage when I first turn ignition on????

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it grounds the SES light, not send power to it? Try turning off the key and put an ohm meter on it to ground, then turn the key on.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help in wiring my SES light installing new gauges removing old moon gauge set up my factory electrical diagram shows the wrong colors (shocker) when I test the wire that's supposed to be for my SES light it will not show voltage when I first turn ignition on????
Please use actual sentences. Don't use question marks when you're making a statement.

I'm wondering if it grounds the SES light, not send power to it?
Power vs. ground should be detailed in the wiring diagram.

(One wonders if the diagram is accurate. Normally, I'd say is would be.)

54Crew

Reaction score
I have the same issue and never figured out a solution, but here are some thoughts: On my cluster, the SES light appears to be an LED and may not be enough power to light up an external SES light. Especially if it has an integrated resistor. I'm pretty sure this wasn't helpful. But if you figure out the solution, please post it!