Seriously need some help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a good 4L60E will not shift out of first automatically but will shift manually from what I've gathered my PCM has it stuck in limp-home mode ok so I've changed the solenoids and servo not sure how to fix the mode that it's stuck in also read that my symptoms could be because loss of power to the trans I've checked the trans fuse in the dash is there another one?? It's a 94 4x4 5.7 4L60E

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left battery unhooked for 1 full night I will try unhooking it completely for a full night idk how to do the paper clip check deal

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Do a full discharge un hook both terminals and hold them together for 15 seconds. It will fully discharge the capacitors.

Adam

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may be completely off subject but does this have anything to do with any of my problems with the trans

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's the relay center and the last prong doesn't have anything hooked to it yet we have another one 90 model that all the prongs have wires hooked to them

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The only other thing I can come up with is trans is not getting the power it should there's wires cut and splice under the dash not sure what they go to..

I know this truck is my dd but it's been down over a week don't have the cash to carry it somewhere I can figure it out if I knew where to start

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
My 94 doesn't have any wires on that terminal either. Have you checked all the fuses? To do the paper clip check locate the obd1 port under steering wheel to the right of the fuse box. On that plug find the A and the B ports, they are the last two in the top row on the far right. You should see a tiny A above port A and a tiny B above Port B. Bend the paper clip into a U shape and jump the A&B ports. Hold the paperclip in place making sure it's making contact with the metal pins inside each port. Now turn the key to ignition two and the check engine light will start to blink. It will blink once then pause then blink twice , that's a code 12 which means it's starting to run a system check . It may do code 12 twice then any other codes you have and then it will end the cycle with another code 12 to let you know it's done. For example you may see it blink 3 times then pause then blink 4 times, that would be a code 34. Just google gm obd1 code 34 to find out what it means. It's that easy :). With any luck the computer will have thrown a code after going into limp mode letting you know what failed.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know all my fuses are good unless there's more in another location I replaced all the fuses when I bought the truck had a bunch blown

Thanks for the info on the paper clip trick I will be doing that ASAP