Sera's '80 LQ9 Camaro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's an eBay special intake. Looks cool but that's about all.

This winter I'll be swapping it to either a FAST if I can bring myself to drop that much cash on a bit of plastic, or a 4150 style intake and throttle body arrangement so my hood scoop is actually functional again.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
For the money, and if you've got the room, a Trailblazer SS (TBSS) intake makes great power and low end torque. They are a little harder to find, but you get all the high flow characteristics of the LS6 intake with the torque production of a factory pickup intake. They aren't pretty, but do the job on the hp/tq side. If I had room under my stock Z28 hood, that's what I would have on my LQ9. Plus, you spend about 50% or less of the cost of the Fast intake.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TBSS intake is impossible to find in the UK and I'm not sure how well it will perform with my combo.

If I can find one I might try it, but it's a complete gamble really.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the specs on your cam?

The motor spec is: DSS forged pistons (flat top 5cc valve relief), cam specs 236/242 .621/.612 112LSA 108CL, ported and milled 317 heads (CR is 10.5:1)

More info on the paddle shifters? How they're mounted & the wiring process, etc? Thanks!

The paddles are from a Mercedes, lots of models have the same ones. They are wired in to the manual up/down inputs on my transmission controller. Most aftermarket controllers have those inputs, I am using megashift. They are mounted on an aluminium plate between the steering wheel and adapter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard was the Megashift controller to build and get setup? I'm looking to run a 4L80 in my truck and pricewise this looks awesome. I have some experience with electronics but I've never built a circuit board.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, it was a bit of a pain... if it's your first experience I would avoid it. Unless you want a bit of a steep learning curve. I had a few issues with mine initially, but after I had them worked out it is awesome...

I've been busy today....