Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the bucket seats and center console out of a Suburban fit in a regular cab pickup of the same year model?

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the inside bolt holes will need to be drilled and nut plates welded on the bottom and the inner brackets may need work done i think.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the inside bolt holes will need to be drilled and nut plates welded on the bottom and the inner brackets may need work done i think.

So what bucket seats can I put in there? It has a solid bench seat in there now, what are my options to get a center console in that truck? I'm not set on having bucket seats, I just want a console in the middle even if its they type that folds for a middle seat.

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not exactly sure, i just saw a few threads on other gm focused sites and everyone seems to complain about the middle brackets being too short to touch the floor in the back, and not having the nut plates underneath. the trans hump is different in rc than ec/suvs. i think the split bench is just as much trouble as buckets but dont quote me on that.
its definitely not impossible, just not a direct bolt in procedure.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have seats & a long style console in my '98 out of an Escalade, although they are the same as any other GMT 400 that comes with buckets. Had to drill 4 holes for the inside bolts of the tracks. Welded large washers on the underside to give some extra strength to the floor. The console breaks down into 3 major pieces. I put the main part, the largest, in the place where I wanted it, (after looking at vehicles that had factory mounted ones), marked the holes for the brackets in the console. Then, making sure that the was nothing on the underside of the vehicle in the way, predilled some pilot holes, and sheet metal screwed that main console piece in place. Assembled the rest of the console in the vehicle. I wired the power to the seats from the stereo's power-block. It has 4 outlets, I was only using two. Grounded the seats to the floor. An afternoons worth of work.
Hardest part was finding a set of seats without the integral seat belts.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, I'm somewhat wondering the same. I pulled the cloth captains chairs out of my 95 ECSB, and I have a member with a RCSB interested but we don't know that they'll bolt up?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys, I'm somewhat wondering the same. I pulled the cloth captains chairs out of my 95 ECSB, and I have a member with a RCSB interested but we don't know that they'll bolt up?

Yes they will bolt up. You will just have to drill holes for the inner bolts of each seat. Never seen any that had any problems with the seat frame brackets no fitting.