Seats for a 96 singlecab??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erhoth

Reaction score
So I ordered this for my extremely clean 96 GMC Sierra K1500
You must be registered for see images attach

And this is what I received....

Other than the coffee stain, does anyone else see the issue? The company so far is not wanting to make it right???

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The seat in the seller's picture and the seat you received appear to be from an extended cab, which has a different floor profile, so the middle bracket on the driver side doesn't fit correctly. Whether they're the same exact seat, tough call.

To make the driver side inner bracket work, you can do one of two things.

1. Since it's a manual adjustment seat, you have "meat" on the bracket where you can cut the rear portion shorter, and re-weld it.
2. Or, you can carefully mark and then hammer a big dent in the floor pan for that bracket. Is it a super ugly hack? Yeah, but you'll never see it under the carpet.

The passenger outer bracket not lining up may be simply that it got adjusted while it wasn't bolted in, so the tracks are not in equal positions. Easy fix. Or, sometimes the bolt pattern between cab years/styles is not exactly the same. You may have two bolt holes in that forward position under your carpet, with one filled up with a torx bolt, just need to move it over. This was the case when I swapped my '94 extended cab from buckets to split bench.

The plastic trim broken off? In shipping probably?

Richard

erhoth

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The drives side transmission hump bracket color and guage of metal does not match the other correct fitting door side of the assembly so I think it was probably added due to a missing bracket. The passenger side bolts are on the outsides of the frame (the frame flares outward instead of bent inward and on the hole on the inside.) They do not match the correct drivers side frame making me believe the entire passenge frame assembly is not correct, aslo probably found and used to complete the set. Is it possible to take the seats off and attach them to my bench seat frame??

erhoth

Reaction score
They issued an almost total credit and said keep the seats. I was going to sell them but I think the driver side is bent so I will probably
throw them away...not sure...