Seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm wanting some camo seat covers in something Mossy Oak or Real Tree style. I have seen the cheap ones from Walmart/Bass Pro/Cabelas talked about but not enough to make a decision. Are those cheaper ones even worth the $40 or so they cost? I know for the price they arent gonna last forever but at $40 a pop they could be replaced once a year at minimal cost if need be. Has anyone used them? How do they fit our GMT400 seats? I have the bucket fronts & bench rear in my 97' ECSB.

I'm thinking about doin the door inserts & headliner as well, which is why I'd like to get from one of those designs listed. I know I can get just the plain fabric to cover the doors/headliner. But I want the seats to match.

I also saw people talk about superhides, looked them up & they are pretty pricey. But could possibly be worth it for proper fit & if those last a long time. Anyone have those installed with pics & a review on how they hold up?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I haven't seen any in a GMT400, but a friend of mine got the Realtree one's for the buckets in his newer Dodge. I believe he said @ Bass Pro. IMO they're pretty good for how cheap they are. I like how the cords criss-cross in the back and seem to form fit a bit better that other's.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I've been thinking of some seat covers for my truck also. Not wanting camo, but some nice looking covers. Are the ones at WM and the auto parts houses any good at all? Is there a better place to get them?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Well, do not get them from Walmart, they say universal, but they suck when it comes to fitment. I'd rather get a set of custom ones that are made to fit these seats.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, do not get them from Walmart, they say universal, but they suck when it comes to fitment. I'd rather get a set of custom ones that are made to fit these seats.

How bad is the fitment? I know everyone has their own opinion & I dont expect a $40 seat cover to fit like a glove when its universal. But I'm also getting a $40 product, not a $100+ product.

If anyone has pics of these installed that would really help along with a review from those who have owned them.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Well, I think it all depends on which one you buy. I bought the black ones with the bowtie in yellow on them, and they were really made to fit a GMT900 seat, and it says universal, so there was a big bulge in the back of it. I used them for a while, then the strap that you tie around back broke.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I think it all depends on which one you buy. I bought the black ones with the bowtie in yellow on them, and they were really made to fit a GMT900 seat, and it says universal, so there was a big bulge in the back of it. I used them for a while, then the strap that you tie around back broke.

So technically they fit the seats, just not like a high end seat cover or a complete replacement cover.

I dont really mind them being kinda loose & what not, thats basically what I expected from a $40 seat cover. I just dont want something that fits so bad it rips apart tryin to install it or so tight it rips as soon as my ass hits the seat, LOL.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
LOL. Just be careful with the ties that you use to tie it around the back to hold it on the seat, those are really flimsy and mine ended up getting sucked into the cover, so I had to fish it out, then little metal ring that holds the threading together broke. I might put 'em back on, but they really are a PITA to get on.

While we are on this topic, does anyone know a good place to get some quality covers that were made for these OBS seats? I read about some a long time ago when Southern Pride was on here.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL. Just be careful with the ties that you use to tie it around the back to hold it on the seat, those are really flimsy and mine ended up getting sucked into the cover, so I had to fish it out, then little metal ring that holds the threading together broke. I might put 'em back on, but they really are a PITA to get on.

While we are on this topic, does anyone know a good place to get some quality covers that were made for these OBS seats? I read about some a long time ago when Southern Pride was on here.

Yea, those superhides are. But they are like $185 for fronts & $175 for rears. So your looking at about $350 with shipping approx.
Here is the link:

https://www.marathonseatcovers.com/seat-covers/Chevrolet_GMC/Silverado_Sierra/1997