SAS Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have a bunch of random questions and I get lost looking for the right answers. to start out with I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 that I want to run 40x15.5" toyos on, it's going to be a daily driver and only see Offroad when I have to pull my friends out. what will be the best axle to throw under it? from what year axle as well. I'm really new to SAS so please treat me like I'm stupid and explain everything. where's the best place to buy my brackets for it? and would 32.5 or 36.5 spring pad width be better? I'm only planning on doing 10-11" total up front and about 6" in the rear. will my 14 Bolt rear suffice? I planned on re gearing to 5.38 and upgrading the axle splines to 34 or higher. and what is the 52" leaf springs and all that? what will work best?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
ORD makes the bracket kit and junk. An axle from a 79 or so f250 you want a high pinion, driver side drop? I think axle. So you can use your transfer case. I'm sure more people will chime in soon enough

sent from my glade air freshner

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like it's been said, you want a hp axle out of a 77.5- 79 ford f250 or 350.
Those axles have the 32.5" perch width.
As for your rear end, it will be fine. Except if you have the g 80. I broke the spider gears in mine, and now have an auburn hp limited slip that is holding up fine. As for what kit to use, oru from what I've read is one of the best.
I'm running the offroad direct solid axle swap kit on mine with no issues. Unfortunately they are out of business.
I'm running 8" skyjacker soft ride leaf springs in the front to get 11" of lift.
I have a 10" set of leafs In the rear that c a me with the old 10" whiplash lift the truck used to have.
Steering is from sky manufacturing. Their cross over kit and Panhard bar.
I'm running a hp 44 out of a 78 f250. The axle has around 20k miles on it since I put it in 5 years ago.haven't had to touch a ball joint or tie rod except grease them up. My truck doesn't see much offroad like it use to, or even street time now. I've put maybe 2500 miles on it this year.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The best axle for the front is a 60 not a 44. As much as I hate to help anyone squat a truck. Lol 32.5 spring pad width is better 36.5 are easier to get. 14 bolt is the best axle not sure what else you would go with besides rockwells. 52" leaf springs are 52" leaf springs.