RyanMerrick's 1997 C2500 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
So far there have been zero issues, but Winter will be the real test with all the salt thrown out. I still need to prep and coat the front half of the frame (I've been putting it off).

Sweet! Thanks Brother! keep me posted after the winter

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine were acting up last winter, I snagged a board out of a S10 at the junkyard. The wipers sweep at a slightly different rate on intermittent, I like it better.

Ryan, How is the frame holding up? I noticed mile was flaking and pealing when I was under it fixing the fuel leak last week.

Use some CorrosionX on the frame, I did that on my F-250 that came from the islands. Pressure washer prep and it'll actually stop the rust.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Use some CorrosionX on the frame, I did that on my F-250 that came from the islands. Pressure washer prep and it'll actually stop the rust.

It's an interesting product, but the company recommends spraying it on a couple times each year. I was looking for a bit more of a long term solution.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's an interesting product, but the company recommends spraying it on a couple times each year. I was looking for a bit more of a long term solution.

You want the "HD" version. It lasts longer than they say it does, it was still a good coating 2 years after I sprayed it. If a guy was worried about it you could just pressure wash and coat it every year before winter.

But paint or POR will look much better, the CorrosionX never actually hardens so mud tends to build up on it rather than just falling off and it makes it kinda nasty to work on anything because it really doesn't just wipe off.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score

Where can you get that? Never heard of it. I'm planning on wire wheeling the entire frame again and want to spray it with bed liner. I used POR15 on it originally, didn't seem to last like I had hoped.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where can you get that? Never heard of it. I'm planning on wire wheeling the entire frame again and want to spray it with bed liner. I used POR15 on it originally, didn't seem to last like I had hoped.

I bought it at the local John Deere dealer... I'm sure it can be found on the web though.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, one of my favorites on this forum so far. I need to get up the motivation to do that wire wheel and chassis saver on my truck, it's in excellent condition, like to keep it that way.

Where did you find that smoothie rear bumper? It looks great.