Running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody installed the Anzio 111299 headlights they have the running lights on them they are cool but I want them to turn off with the turn signals like they should any ideas how to wire them up

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea really but i bet there is a way to have them turn off with the turn signal switch using a relay setup
Maybe you could have them powered with a relay or maybe 2. One for each side powered off the blinker switch. When you turn the switch L/R power is cut the the halo light.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thihk they could be wired to have the DRL"s come on with key on and a relay, with a factory style switch on the dash to overide and turn them off when wanted. Might depend on the wiring of the Anzios.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thihk they could be wired to have the DRL"s come on with key on and a relay, with a factory style switch on the dash to overide and turn them off when wanted. Might depend on the wiring of the Anzios.
I think he want's the halos to be on always but turn off when turning like the new cars do.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good article Orped. What the article descibes might work with Relays and LED headlights. Might depend on if the side markers are LED also.

I don't understand what the advatage is for the DRL's to shut off when using the turn signal. Unless in some cases the front turn signal is buried in the glare of the DRLs--like the front and rear lights of many Japanese cars suffer.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good article Orped. What the article descibes might work with Relays and LED headlights. Might depend on if the side markers are LED also.

I don't understand what the advatage is for the DRL's to shout off when using the turn signal. Unless in some cases the front turn signal is buried in the glare of the DRLs--like the front and rear lights of many Japanese cars suffer.
His website has a bunch of useful lighting information.
I’ve used that diagram depicted in this article once many years ago on a Honda, with the intention of making the corner “marker light” alternate with the front bumper mounted “turn signal”. In the 80’s, having a turn signal visible from the broad side wasn’t mandated. I used to do a lot of night driving and 80’s Hondas are tiny and don’t have much “presence” :anitoof:
I have also seen it referenced several times here when doing the mod that adds a light to the upper reflector on our trucks.

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I don't understand what the advatage is for the DRL's to shout off when using the turn signal. Unless in some cases the front turn signal is buried in the glare of the DRLs--like the front and rear lights of many Japanese cars suffer.
That's exactly why they do it on stock cars and trucks-the DRLs are too powerful and turn signal may not be sufficiently visible. But if it's a BMW then there's no problem at all-they simply not fit them at all,cause what for?

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly why they do it on stock cars and trucks-the DRLs are too powerful and turn signal may not be sufficiently visible. But if it's a BMW then there's no problem at all-they simply not fit them at all,cause what for?
A lot of the turn signals--front and rear--in today's cars are buried in the headlights and tailights, and hard to see when the lights/brake lights are on--it seems especially the Japanese cars. I'm generally opposed to more rules, but this is something NHTSA should address.