Rough running on firsr start up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotoDude

Reaction score
So I have been chasing down this issue for a long time and I'm sorta at a dead end. First off I have a 96 k1500 with the 5.7 and the 5 speed manual 4x4. When I first start my truck in the morning one of these things will happen. It will either Rev up really high to about 2000 rpm and stay there until I shut it down, or it will sorta spit and sputter and then die. It will do this 3 or 4 more times and then finally idle. The weird part is it only happens on the first start. When I drive it to work and start it to go to lunch or head home it runs flawlessly. The only code I'm getting is p0122 https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/sAXX88GEK0Gw
I have already replaced the tps 2 times because I thought the first one might be faulty. Any advice is appreciated. I'm not big into working on automotive stuff but I really want to figure this out. It's been driving me crazy.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude, look at my thread around here somewhere, 100 DEGREE TEMP, WRECKED ENGINE? Sounds like we have same problem and I'm getting some good suggestions.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo