Rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yo Paulie

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1998 Sierra with a 3” or 4” lift on 33” tires. Just put some new Black Max shocks on the front but this thing still rides rough. It just seems to take bump’s really hard. What can I do to make this thing ride smoother? Could it be my springs are wore out? I love the truck but there’s no joy in driving it

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it’s a 4wd then I bet the torsion bars are cranked to the max, de crank them and enjoy the truck. If it’s a 2wd with a lift, not much you can do.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, 1998 Sierra with a 3” or 4” lift on 33” tires. Just put some new Black Max shocks on the front but this thing still rides rough. It just seems to take bump’s really hard. What can I do to make this thing ride smoother? Could it be my springs are wore out? I love the truck but there’s no joy in driving it
When you figure out how it was lifted we could possibly provide better answers. Cranking one or crank keys can make one ride like a jackhammer.