Roll pan instalation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
The P.O. of my 90 C1500 started to install a hidden hitch roll pan. He added an 1/8" spacer to the top and screwed it to the back of the bed. He tack welded the bottom corners of the pan to the fenders. There is about an 1/8" gap at the top of one side that tapers to nothing and the other is a little less with the taper.

If I continue to weld I'll add a little tin to close the gaps or should I just fasten it mechanically with screws?

Never done or been around roll pans before.

Thanks!

Ken

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Pics?

Have yet to see a roll pan that fits these trucks 100%. Even the best of the best, no longer made, Sir Michaels pan was not an exact fit - but it was the best I'd ever seen.

As far as welding, my '92 got rear-ended shortly after painting the whole truck Cadillac White Diamond.. which only damaged the pan. Since it was bolted/screwed on, it didn't take the edges of the bed with it. That narrow escape is why I firmly believe in NOT welding on roll pans.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I was learning to the bolt option. I'll have to cut the tack welds and re finish.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered mine off summit. Fits pretty good. I ordered a roll pan hitch offline I forgot the site but it sits behind the pan. The pan is cut out for it.

You must be registered for see images attach