Rogue's '97 Chevy K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
No way, there's another one out there!!! Looks nice! :) I love those square head lights on those early OBS trucks!

That is too funny. Mine has the 350 with a 5 speed. It even has the same seat cover but in maroon. The front end on these were one of my favorites too.

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The battle for mechanical soundness continues on my '97 K1500. Last weekend, I replaced the front wheel bearing assemblies and now the terrible growl is gone.
You must be registered for see images attach

It was a real bear to get them off...WI hates me and any vehicle ha.

Friday night, my alternator died on me, replaced that and it's good to go again.

Lastly, ran it through the car wash last week.....gotta make it a weekly thing to slow down any more rust from salt this winter. Good luck, right? :weld:

I'm still considering getting some new shocks next spring along with tires. Would like to get the still sloppy steering fixed, making me think it's either the EVO sensor, gear box, or power steering pump. Should probably troubleshoot that some.

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pictures!! I haven't posted in here for a while....geez.

I didn't get pictures, but I had the displeasure of replacing the driver's side front axle seal over Thanksgiving. Knock on wood, it hasn't been leaking yet!

And here's some "action" pictures of it today when I went to the range :)

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. How well do the tires go in the snow?

Thanks! They seem to do pretty well. I've had the truck with these tires on it for two winters in Wisconsin, and so far they've gotten me through the woods in snow while deer hunting. The tread is low on the the rears (they were on the front from the previous owner for too long) so at some point in the next couple years I'll have to get another set. Leaning towards the AT3s again or the Hankook Dynapro ATM.

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted, but I've stayed busy on my pickup this summer. Gave it a tune up with new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor (gained 5 mpg) in August and the thing runs so much better! Also replaced the starter and the positive battery cable.

I drove it back to my parents a couple weeks ago and could barely keep it on the curves on the interstate, so I decided to finally do the EVO delete. I also couldn't see worth a #@!& on the interstate because of how yellowed my headlights were, so I decided to replace those too (with real glass ones from Spyder :) ). Some pictures of my endeavors...

I had trouble finding the bolts on the back since the Haynes manual was worthless on this cuz Vortec...started taking the compressor off until I realized I didn't have to. Heh.

By EVO, and good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggun:

Rogue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some winter pictures....haven't done anything except replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor after throwing a P0339 on me. New sensor seemed to fix it, since the wiring harness checked out and tested good. Loving the new headlights and turn signals I put in. The headlights are actual glass.

We got more snow after the above pictures too.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Some winter pictures....haven't done anything except replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor after throwing a P0339 on me. New sensor seemed to fix it, since the wiring harness checked out and tested good. Loving the new headlights and turn signals I put in. The headlights are actual glass.

We got more snow after the above pictures too.

suddenly i have an ******** and i don't know why..... weird :anitoof::anitoof:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Pictures!! I haven't posted in here for a while....geez.

I didn't get pictures, but I had the displeasure of replacing the driver's side front axle seal over Thanksgiving. Knock on wood, it hasn't been leaking yet!

And here's some "action" pictures of it today when I went to the range :)

The things I would do for that truck...