Rocker Adjustment Vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok somebody school me. Ive got a little bit of chatter on the top end. I lose a little power when I get up to about 70 on the highway like its missing. Somebody please help me out.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i set mine with the motor off...

unplug the coil first off.. now you need someone to bump the motor iver with the key or get you a push button to hook to the starter.. do one at a time starting from the front.. you have 2 rockers pur cylinder.. make sure the one your working on is on the base on the cam the one next to it should have the valve open.. back the rocker off till the push rod turns.. now while spining the push rod with your fingers tighten the rocker till you feel the push rod gets a little drag on it (meaning zero lash).. now go a 1/2 around on the rocker arm nut and it should be set.. now move on to the next...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHco_0zkSQ&feature=related

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
man i may be a complete idiot but that video totally left me clueless. does he have the rockers with the lockers on em or whats up? im not sure what the base of the cam is or how to tell if a valve is open

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh boy... lol

those are call poly locks your motor will not have those.. you just have a 5/8 lock nut.. you have 2 sets of rockers one needs to be down like in the video and the other will be on the base of the cam meaning closed

this is something you really need to be shown.. if you have no clue to what your doing, man you can jack your motor all up.. take it to someone.. or find someone you know that can show you.. it take a good ear an hand to set rockers right.. ive been doing it for years but i watched people do it for years before i did my first set by myself...

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you sir may have the right idea. just trying to save money i dont have ya know? maybe i can find an oklahoma member nearby who can come lend me a hand.