RESULTS: Spyder Projectors w/ HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that'll work. You will need a HD relay harness though.

I personally went with a 35w 5000k kit, as I wanted to reduce the potential for excess heat and melting the housing lenses.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
ok Ill follow your lead on that.... this will be the first time for me playing with HID's

you seem to carry good knowledge on HID's, do you got a recommended setup? or do I just grab any top reviewed 35w 5000k Hid Kit and a HD relay harness?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Eh, just as knowledgeable as the next guy who does some reasearch before buying.

I've tried a few different brands, and the best had been from simplyhidkits.com. That said, I'm currently running a VVME kit, and everything functions fine. I have found ballasts usually fail fast if they are going too - simply HID is the only ballasts I've had that havnt failed. If you go for VVME, look for it on eBay, and read the ships from is somewhere in the U.S. otherwise it'll take 3 weeks to get it, and any warranty stuff will be a pain in the ass.

Good luck, and take your time. If you can get the backplate off your stock lights, I would take the time to do it. They will sit better and produce the cutoff line they are capable of.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Eh, just as knowledgeable as the next guy who does some reasearch before buying.

I've tried a few different brands, and the best had been from simplyhidkits.com. That said, I'm currently running a VVME kit, and everything functions fine. I have found ballasts usually fail fast if they are going too - simply HID is the only ballasts I've had that havnt failed. If you go for VVME, look for it on eBay, and read the ships from is somewhere in the U.S. otherwise it'll take 3 weeks to get it, and any warranty stuff will be a pain in the ass.

Good luck, and take your time. If you can get the backplate off your stock lights, I would take the time to do it. They will sit better and produce the cutoff line they are capable of.

Thank you.... and that ship has already sailed on the stock backplate, unfortunately I tossed the stock back plate on the last set of aftermarket headlights. that was before I've read it at least 10 different times on this forum. may have to hit the junkyard.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks bro! Your truck is the cleanest on these forums, by far - bar none.

Going to demold, get new 2014 badges, and lift it (hopefully) soon.
LED Tails and GM Tows are in the works, too!

Thanks man means alot!! Your burb looks tuff as hell!! Looks good with the rims and color of truck. Your plans for the burb sound real good. I love my led tail lights. And i cant wait to debadge as well. Good luck!!

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

QUOTE]

WOW...if that is the cutoff, that is the reason for the price being what it is. If you are happy that is all that matters but that is HORRENDOUS for a cutoff line. Unless that is with the High beams on as well?

Not bagging on it dude...just saying.

Nice truck!
I posted a few pics of my recent upgrade....lemme see if I can dig them up.

I did the retrofit...same one SubWarrior did..very easy and straight forward. Light output is STUPID nice now lol!!

For good HID's that have an unbeatable warranty I have always used DDMTUNING.com

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
WOW...if that is the cutoff, that is the reason for the price being what it is.

Kind of what I thought. Also those brackets are some of the worst I've ever seen if that's the straightest they'll go. Pretty much expected this result after reading other people's experiences with aftermarket projectors on these trucks. As mentioned though, if you're happy with them then that's what matters.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

QUOTE]

WOW...if that is the cutoff, that is the reason for the price being what it is. If you are happy that is all that matters but that is HORRENDOUS for a cutoff line. Unless that is with the High beams on as well?

Not bagging on it dude...just saying.

Nice truck!
I posted a few pics of my recent upgrade....lemme see if I can dig them up.

I did the retrofit...same one SubWarrior did..very easy and straight forward. Light output is STUPID nice now lol!!

For good HID's that have an unbeatable warranty I have always used DDMTUNING.com
Well if you look at the first cutoff line I posted, you can see it is much better. The cutoff line you quoted is the result of the headlights not only sitting diagonal, but also slanted and leaning. That said, it's better than it was by far, and it will be better - so I'm good.
DDM hids I've had the worst luck with. I'm on my now 4th replacement ballast for my wife's sentra. And each time the ballast fails, I'm running with 1 headlight for 3-4 weeks due to them shipping from China.