Reference: Model Differences/Variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I did this to my '98. The trim parts came out of three different trucks, three different colors. Dyed 'em all to match the factory grey. If I didn't tell you, you'd never know.
When you go to get the pieces, the wide top piece on the headliner is a pain to get out without breaking the tabs. You will also have to get the headliner panel, as the one you have now, is too short side to side & will not fit into the plastic pieces over the door openings.
For the 'Oh-****' handle on the passenger side, I used one out of a mid-90's full size Pontiac. It was a little bit longer than the factory GMT400 model, but it has a light in it with a switch. I used the screws from the Pontiac to mount it up to the roof. Wired that up to the O/H console constant power wire. I also had to cut a small (2") hole in the inner metal roof skin to clear the pocket for the light. A custom touch that I see, but not too many others notice it.

i got to wondering about the headliner board AFTER i left the junk yard.. so i guess i'll go back and get that too.