Rear seal leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This last weekend I did my steering with a whole new gear box... This weekend I am going to try and seal the yoke hole as mentioned.

If any of you tranny guys have a pic I would appreciate it... If not I will take one.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'd need a walkthrough to do this. I'm more of a visual learner lol. I did notice it leaks a lot more when parked up a hill for a few days rather than on a flat surface.

Is it necessary to shove a piece of cardboard in the yoke is what I'm having difficulty with. Would that cause any other problems?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
carboard what? you shouldnt be shoving carboard in any yoke, pull your driveshaft look at the slipyoke and see what kind of wear there is the seal or the bushing can be told if its worn out just from looking at it.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
If you change the real sesal and still have a leak it's most likely the output shaft seal. Click on the link below.

tp://73-87.com/7387garage/drivetrain/yokeleak.htm

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't get to this last weekend, my fiancé had a surprise 30th bday party so I was worthless all day Sunday.