Rear end issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike99tahoe

Reaction score
Sup peeps I have a 99 tahoe which is getting a 4/6 drop I recently put 22x9 in front and 22x11 us mags with 295/30s in back I noticed that my driver side tire is more close to body that the passenger side what could cause this pleaseet me know Oh it's a 4 door

STATIK_LOW

Reaction score
Sup peeps I have a 99 tahoe which is getting a 4/6 drop I recently put 22x9 in front and 22x11 us mags with 295/30s in back I noticed that my driver side tire is more close to body that the passenger side what could cause this pleaseet me know Oh it's a 4 door
too crazy my Tahoe does the same thing ive ran a lot of different suspension hieghts on mine the lowest being a 7” drop the highest being a 4” drop in the front and every time my passenger wheel sticks out further than my driver side I’ve looked into a lot of possibilities like the rotor being a different width to measuring the backspacing on my front wheels to make sure they’re the same I even looked into it possibly having been wrecked and even checking my alignment but everything comes back good..I’ve been stumped as to why my pass wheel sticks out further I even recently changed my wheels to see if it would change enough to atleast tuck wheel without rubbing so I picked up some staggered US Mags and it was pretty much the same the only thing I can think of is possibly my body has shifted slightly over on the body mounts

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love seeing all the 4 door tahoe people showing up here these days.

I'd bet the body is shifted over on the mounts. Basically every body on frame vehicle is off at least a little, and it's usually discussed on forums for cars with tight wheel well clearance like it's an issue unique to their platform. For example, almost every late model B body impala SS/caprice/roadmaster/fleetwood is shifted over close to 3/4" in the same direction. With that drop, you're running a flipped axle. The way most of those kits are set up, you can actually move the axle on the springs a bit to center the axle up to the body. Might try that, as moving the body on the frame is a massive pain and is hard to do with any accuracy.