Rear cargo light switch mod question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has any one modded there rear cargo light switch to work like a toggle? I want to by pass the headlight switch so you can just turn your cargo light on with out having your key or lights on. Any help would be awsome. Thanks in advance.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would imagine the modding would need 2 b done in the harness not the switch... Going from the keyed power source... Id tap into the illuminating switch for power on the headlight switch...

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I meant to add that in the op. Im courious if any one has done this. If they have I want to know what wire to tap power from and to.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup you would have to cut the existing wire from the headlight switch and run a new one to a keyed power source. I can get ya the wireing pinout for the cargolight switch tomorrow

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it seem's like that would be a very easy mod, find a constant power+12v source and run a new power wire to the switch.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow me and a buddy where just talking about this. I was about to post a new thread then i seen this. Ill see if i cant figure something out on it aswell.