Really wish ppl would stop bringing me trucks with hydraulic fluid in trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potatoes? WTF?

My mom tried to get into the world of competitive chili cook-offs. Weird, but true. Anyways, here in TX, beans are against the rules.
Yeah,I 2nd that!
I knew it would stir people up!:ban: My great great grandmother’s recipe and we’ve still been using it. She had 5 children and they were a good way to stretch the meal out for the whole family.

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knew it would stir people up!:ban: My great great grandmother’s recipe and we’ve still been using it. She had 5 children and they were a good way to stretch the meal out for the whole family.
Never had that, but I don't hate the idea. I love potatoes in any soup really, it stands to reason that it could be quite good in chili as well. Though I suppose it could be weird in one recipe and not in another, there are an insane amount of variances in chili. I will now have to try it with potatoes.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coffee: French press with dark roast. An electric kettle with temp control is key for a good cup of coffee. 1 raw cane sugar, splash of milk.
Chili: gotta have beans. And potatoes.
Beer: Coors banquet
Trans fluid: Factory fill, never change

Did I cover all my bases?
You’re an old man

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Coffee: French press with dark roast. An electric kettle with temp control is key for a good cup of coffee. 1 raw cane sugar, splash of milk.

I don't know what I do wrong, but I could never get a French press to work for me. My sister uses one all the time, Though. I've taken to a pour over, if I'm making coffee at home.

Chili: gotta have beans. And potatoes.

Potatoes? Never heard of them being in chili, but I'd try it.

Beer: Coors banquet

I'm always getting something by Bells.

Trans fluid: Factory fill, never change

I hope you don't mean that, the way it sounds.

l1lartur0

Reaction score
At home: French press, Maxwell House Original (or Folgers - whichever is on sale), roasted chicory (3:1 mix with the coffee).

At work: Kuering cup of whatever the PTA has supplied or swinging by Racetrack for Colombian.

Regarding chili - if it gots beans and/or potatoes I personally consider it a tasty gruel. Referring to it as chili here in Texas will elicit an raised brow at the very minimum. Believe Huntsville has a cell block reserved solely for those who have committed crimes against chili...

Edit: Spelling of "Kuerig". Yes, I'm that an*l.

Last edited: