Really Slow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking - will see if the code reappears. It's certainly come up in the last 20 miles or so. I'll get a new sensor and throw it on for a test.

Are all 3 wire sensors the same? I can get hold of generic ones in the UK easily.

Last edited:

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A load of service parts arrived today from Rock Auto...

So far I've found 1 burned plug wire and that 7 out of 8 spark plugs were pretty loose in the heads (like finger tight)

All have been replaced now, new Delco leads, cap and rotor and NGK plugs. Also swapped the PCV grommet as the original was completely hard and the valve was a loose fit.

I still have some work to do, new fluids and a throttle body service kit.

Not driven it yet, but hopefully it'll be better for a little bit of effort!

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking - will see if the code reappears. It's certainly come up in the last 20 miles or so. I'll get a new sensor and throw it on for a test.

Are all 3 wire sensors the same? I can get hold of generic ones in the UK easily.

Yes, they are all heated. Of course quality may vary.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Any sbc benefits from putting the spark out in front of the piston a little more. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bump up the base timing at least a couple of degrees.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I do plan on bumping up the base timing to around 6 deg. I need to just crawl under it and find the timing mark on the damper.

I'm going to fit an electric fan too, so might wait until I've done that.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any sbc benefits from putting the spark out in front of the piston a little more. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bump up the base timing at least a couple of degrees.
Not on a tbi. I personally have seen knock on a scanner with 89 octane at 2 degrees advanced and watched the computer pull timing. A Vortec headed tbi can do 4 degrees.

gothicsera

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I'll change it and do a datalog and see what I get.

Our standard fuel in the UK is a little better than your standard gas - equivalent to your premium.