RCSB C1500 Full Protouring Chassis Build, Twin Turbo LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhhh... ********! I did see the same post on other threads after I responded... ANYWAY... MORE TRUCK PICS/PROGRESS Please!

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made some further progress on the firewall build out. The Passenger side is all roughed in. Taking a little break right now on the drivers side.
I went and ordered some front end components this week and they should be showing up over the next week or so. I am switching the grill over from the Work truck style 1992 Single headlight to the 1998 composite grill setup with will be color matched.

I also talked to a local buddy named Jason Schmuck who builds some SICK turbo systems at his company SchmuckBuilt. He had a 22"x11"x6" Vibrant Plate and Bar intercooler that he ordered for a job that got damaged on one side in shipment. This works out PERFECT for me because I can only fit an 18" wide intercooler between the compressor exits the way I want to run it. He cut me a good deal on it and cut the intercooler down on his bandsaw to 18". I just need to weld up a cover plate on the cut fins and ill be in business to start fabbing up and intercooler.

You must be registered for see images attach

ezstriper

Reaction score
Got the rack installed. It is a quick ratio fox body rack. I plan on running electric, speed sensitive, column assist.

thats great work !

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front end i am working on is perrrty light. Its 1.25" OD tubing, 0.049" Wall tubing. Ive got a pretty good amount of adjustment built into the grill mounting tabs. Should give a bit of flexibility.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The carbon fiber valve cover plug was printed with Wood infused PLA. Filled with Valspar Icing glaze, blocked, and then coated with DuraTec Primer Surfacer. I wetsanded the primer surfacers and then cut with M105 and M205.

Im waiting 2 weeks for it to outgas, then we will be laying up the tooling gel coat and the fiberglass mold.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm starting something new. Im starting to work in some composites. I started the process of building a set of carbon fiber valve covers for the truck. I started out by building a 3d printed plug and then body working it in.

Below is the video showing the process so far. Made some good progress. Once this sits for about 2 weeks I'll layup the fiberglass to make the female mold.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

">

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the headlight buckets made. This thing is weirdly light to pick up. The headlights and grill weigh substantially more than the steel core support to give you an idea.