RCSB C1500 Full Protouring Chassis Build, Twin Turbo LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My friend melted cats post-long tube on his cammed LS1. I figure the tune was to blame. The factory is letting some spicy units out the door and they aren't melting cats.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid pipe is in. Shes tucked in there pretty nice. Im happy with it.

I almost currently going back and fixing up the weld on the hot side that were contaminated by the bad weld gas. I ground the welds flushed with a 120 Flap disc, then 320 grit DA, then a 4.5" scotchbrite, then a wool polish pad with black polishing compound. It brought the pipes up to full luster. Then i clean the piss out of the and started to cap the previous weld. LOOKS WAY BETTER. Now i just have to do it to all of it... lol

Next up im finishing the Carbon Fiber intercooler to intake tube.
Then im gonna take with dual 3" mid pipe and merge to a 5" collector. Then it will be a 5" single out the side of the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the two v-band clamps facing each other, wondering how you were going to safety wire them. Silly aircraft maintenance mindset. Looks nice.

I put long tube headers with 3" outlets on my truck, used reducers to bring it down to 2.5", and welded the cats to the reducers. They sit right over the transmission crossmember, which is installed right where the original crossmember went. No problems so far, with maybe two hundred-fifty miles on the exhaust.
View media item 32082

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just watched your video detailing the NASCAR dry sump system you put together, thank you for sharing that! Lots of cool info.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hope you come back and post some more updates! Would love to see this build finished.