Racing seats with 5 or 6 point harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it work out right if I were to get some racing seats and replace my stock seats I plan to get rid of the back seat as it is so I'll have a place for the harness to mount I would just need to mount the seat high enough and was wondering if that is a possibility to buy the mounting equipment or if I would have to make it myself

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You saying that to me or the OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, i would have quoted you if i was replying to you.

I just dont get why someone would want to put racing harness's in a '95 Extended cab 4x4... unless its full out mud truck or trail truck or something.

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. I want to know what this guys plans are. He has made numerous threads on building a 400+hp engine, and now race harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Racing seats are not comfortable at all! I'm sure you can do it, but your backside will hate you for it after a week

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm actually asking because I find the racing seats comfortable after riding with my second cousin across the state in his camaro that had either SPARCO or MOMO racing seats and if I'm not getting seats I still prefer the harness idea over a 3-point (I broke my collarbone when my idiot cousin hit a tree) because the distribution of pressure is evenly spread out

I would like the seats to go with because I like them personally but otherwise I'll just get the harness because it's a bit safer