Race?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a party this weekend when some guy started making fun of my truck. He has a nissan 350z no work done to it. At home I have a 1998 firebird formula with full flowmasters. If I wouldd've went home and got the ls1 how do you think I would've done? Both manuals by the way.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Would be a driver's race.... my father owns a 350 and I own a 370, if u screw up your gonna lose so make sure u strap it on his ***.

89z71

Reaction score
If you can't put down a 350z with a ls1 fbody you don't need to be allowed to drive one. 350zs are high 13 low 14 cars whereas the ls1 fbody is a mid to low 13 car.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
If you can't put down a 350z with a ls1 fbody you don't need to be allowed to drive one. 350zs are high 13 low 14 cars whereas the ls1 fbody is a mid to low 13 car.

Not to rain on your parade cause I love LS power plants but bone stock 350s were rated a 13.4 quarter mile from the factory and will do it... My 370 is rated at 12.9s bone stock and I promise u it will do and some since mine is modded.... its a good drivers race IMO... I wonder if they ever raced?

89z71

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade cause I love LS power plants but bone stock 350s were rated a 13.4 quarter mile from the factory and will do it... My 370 is rated at 12.9s bone stock and I promise u it will do and some since mine is modded.... its a good drivers race IMO... I wonder if they ever raced?

A 13.4 350z? That isn't going to happeb without some tires, mineshaft air, and an act of god. You'd be hard pressed to find many stock 370s running anything quicker than a low to mid 13 as well. Thats not to say its impossible but its just so far away from what is considered normal. Hell mm&ff got ahold of a factory freak z28 and squeezed 12.7 out of it in texas heat, but its just such a rarity to see any stock fbody dip below 13s.

Assuming equal drivers and conditions a ls1 fbody should easily dispatch a 350z. The 370z would be more of a drivers race.