quick leaf spring question.... stocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i grabbed a full rear end from a suburban springs and all and the one springs end loop broke when i got home. BUT eric hooked me up with his old set of springs from a RCSB truck today and when i got home i noticed his springs have 1 less leaf..... my question is can i simply remove the top leaf with the mounts on them and swap the one leaf onto my suburban leaf springs?
i would prefer the heavier spring because im building a truck bed trailer so the less spring sagging when weighted would be nicer when hauling a load... im going to raise the spring mounts on my new frame to hopefully drop it to match my trucks 6inch drop.

but right now with the different springs its either run his RCSB pair of leaf springs. OR swap that top leaf off the one spring and slap it onto the suburban spring for better weight hauling.
im sure ill probably need to get a new spring pack bolt and nut since i highly doubt either of those suckers will come out without breaking. but that shouldnt cost to much i wouldnt think. cheaper than a whole new suburban leaf spring from junkyard at least!
i guess the 2wd suburban was built to handle the extra weight than a normal 2wd truck is.