Question regarding heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, Looking into heads for my 88'. Would like to stay away from Vortecs cause I would rather not change my intake. My question, what works best and is fairly bolt on with no modification?

From what I have read, Vortecs are the best bang for the buck but I'd need to change the intake. So I centered my research sticking close to the specs of the Vortecs. 64cc Combustion, 170 Intake runners, Intake valves 1.94", Exhaust valves 1.50". So the closest I found was Brodix 180s. 64cc Combustion, 180cc Intake runners, 2.02" Intake, 1.50" exhaust. Anyone run them or have any better options?

Specs on the truck currently:
GM crate 350, Stock bottom end, Holley Projection Intake, Comp Cams Xtreme 4x4 cam .458"/.458"lift, 258/262 duration (still wanna go bigger...), Roller Rockers, Headers, 3" front to back, all the typical TBI mods, and a Stage 2 chip and Vortec fuel pump in transit.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For Vortec heads I'd have to swap on a Vortec intake. My truck is TBI.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EQ used to make a vortec head that used a 87-95 intake manifold.
They have some that use 69-86 intake but they look like their going to be discontinued also.