Question about 4/6 drop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I got a question, about the leafs and the axle, do i have to take the top plate off the leafs? and then bolt the new braket that holds the axle to the leafs? of could i just sit it on top and us the u-blots to hold everything on? also, there is holes in that braket that hold the axle, but it isnt centered... do they go to the front or the back?

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Take everything apart, there's a bolt in the middle of the leafs so it wot come apart. Set your cradle on top of the leafs and then the axle in it. The plate is goin go underneath, put everything in the off centered holes, as to move the axle to the rear of the truck. Do not use the center holes. This is the best pic I have if mine right now. It's real simple, just make sure your axle gets positioned in the holes as to move it to the rear of the truck
You must be registered for see images

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
yeah, but on top of the leaf, there is a bracket on it... is it bolted in? i dont know how to make it clear, i should of taken a picture, its the bracket that holds the original u bolts.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Ok I know what you talkin bout now, that should not be bolted in, just has a hole that sits around the bolt. This piece here right? Probably just kinda stiff after bein on the truck for so long. Just find something to coax it off
You must be registered for see images

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Yes that peice! thank you so much! lol i dont know why i didnt bother trying to take it off with a hammer, it just clued it to me now that its not bolted in, but just sitting there! Thanks dropped!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Yes that peice! thank you so much! lol i dont know why i didnt bother trying to take it off with a hammer, it just clued it to me now that its not bolted in, but just sitting there! Thanks dropped!

No problem man! Anything I can do to help someone else out.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
so just on the side note... seems like your truck has been a long working progress... when you gonna have it all buttoned up? im really liking what its heading for!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
so just on the side note... seems like your truck has been a long working progress... when you gonna have it all buttoned up? im really liking what its heading for!

I was hoping for next weekend but probably end f the month now. I'm waitin on an intake, from someone who is takin an eternity to ship it! And once I get it running, it's goin back to DRAGGIN95 for tie rod notches and shock mounts on the rear.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
A month... that sucks, but then again, id rather see it done slowly and right instead of rushed . Looks like mine might be alittle while too .

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Yup, I had to tell myself yesterday to just wait instead of tryin to rush to get it together. It also gives me time to collect my thoughts an figure out exactly what I want to do or if I'm forgetting anything.