Quality Cab Corners ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could help. When I got in my crash I went out for oem from the junk yard. I didnt replace parts that had to be welded though. But I've heard so much smack on the guage thickness of aftermarket

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put a pair on my 94 rcsb they were nice, fit good ,thick i believe they were Key brand i got them from Browns of two rivers. Ordered the rockers and inner rockers and a access lorado tonneu cover from them also .Very pleased with everything.Quality fit and gauge panels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly its kind of difficult to find good patch panels. The metal is usually thinner and the shape is similar but not quite a perfect match sometimes not even close.

I just finished cab corners, bed wheel arch, and rockers on my truck and not a single one fit. Also shipping is expensive and if you want to return a poor fitting part they make you pay for shipping and at that point you will pay more than the part is worth just in shipping.

These reproduction parts are kind of a gamble. I believe that all reproduction parts come from one or two factories in Taiwan no matter the "Brand" for the most part. As the tooling wears over time the parts change, rounded corners in the metal are slowly less pronounced and variations become bigger. They are not going to replace the tooling until it just stops looking like a part because of the millions of dollars to replace.

In summary, get the hammer and bondo out or make your own patches.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly its kind of difficult to find good patch panels. The metal is usually thinner and the shape is similar but not quite a perfect match sometimes not even close.

I just finished cab corners, bed wheel arch, and rockers on my truck and not a single one fit. Also shipping is expensive and if you want to return a poor fitting part they make you pay for shipping and at that point you will pay more than the part is worth just in shipping.

These reproduction parts are kind of a gamble. I believe that all reproduction parts come from one or two factories in Taiwan no matter the "Brand" for the most part. As the tooling wears over time the parts change, rounded corners in the metal are slowly less pronounced and variations become bigger. They are not going to replace the tooling until it just stops looking like a part because of the millions of dollars to replace.

Totally agree. Most aftermarket parts are ill fitting.

Yamaben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I ordered drivers side cab corner, rocker panel, and one wheel arch. They all fit like ****. I cut them apart and just used specific bends in the right places. After I did the wheel arch, I learned the valuable lesson to only cut out the minimum amount of the rust, and cut up the aftermarket pieces instead of trying to use the whole patch panel. Took a lot of trial fitting, grinding, and hammering to get everything in place.

Ordered from LMC whatever brand they use. Thickness was fine, about 18 guage. Any thicker would be harder to work with.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check around to see if you have a Keystone Automotive near you. They have the patch panels and it will save you shipping and you can return them easily. They are nationwide, they sell body shop supplies and paint to body shops. I never have shipping, they deliver to my shop and I can return things the next day when they stop.