Put Subs in a 93 RCSB Bed, Where to Start..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok my stereo guys has got me thinking crazy thoughts of putting subs in my bed, cutting a hole in the rear of my cab, how would i do it, where would i start? Waterproofing? What have you seen or done?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
ok rough idea here given that I have only seen pics on this site of it done. most of them run a hard bed cover with a sub box and battery bay in the bed. It looks like they use PVC pipe to port the boxes back into the cab. I know you would need to waterproof between the bed and the cab.

Sorry if you already knew all that but that is all I can give you... One of the other guys is going to have to take over from here

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its called a blow-through. You would need to buy a accordean boot. you can get them at an RV place. Google blow-through

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly how big of a stereo system are we talking about here ??
How much of bed area are you willing to give up ??

Do you have a fiberglass bedcover ?? or would you like to "Go Big" and install a fiberglass campershell and do something wild like 8 15s ???
This will need to be answered before you determine on how much accordian boot you will need to make this work ...

And ... depending on weight of the enclosure/ sub system ... and having a lowered suspension ... you might need to look into air shocks or ari bags to make up for the weight addition ...

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to throw 2 12s in there, i already have a tonneau cover on there so theft wouldnt be an issue, neither would air suspension... yet

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Generally, most people go through the trouble of doing this to "Go Big" with High SPL ... not to generally aquire more leg room ... Honnestly, I kinda like this idea better ...

I used a air saw and a jig saw to cut out the opening ... Alot of calculation have to be made before doing this so the acordian boot will fit and seal correctly ... adding some to the seals wouldn't hurt either ... NEVER cut a square ... round your corners like a window for a tight seal ...

Next is do you want a true blow thru, or do you want a wall with the enclosure going into the bed ... If you guys are planning smaller drivers, I would personally suggest the way I have mine done ... If you plan to go big (15s or 18s, or something like me and MOBS are thinking about doing to his truck), everything should be "In the bed" with a sort of bandpass port going into the cab ...

I will be glad to help you guys go through the steps on these projects ... I just need to know what directions you want to take ...
I will also help out on enclosure designs ... or atleast point yall in the correct direction ...
Let me know what you guys have in mind ???

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a few pics of mine ...

You must be registered for see images attach

These are old pics when the system was built and alot more work has been done ...
But gives you a idea of what I'm talking about ...

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks dope, is the box just screwed into the bed then the rear of the cab?
and is there any flex between the body and bed that youve noticed?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The outer baffle of the enclosure is the new "back wall" ... We used those 2x4s and large fence screws to pull all of it together ...
The enclosure does not touch the bottom of the bed !!! It basically acts like a uinbody truck ...