Price to have body lift installed ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92yukon

Reaction score
Was wondering what's the going rate to have a 3" body lift installed ? It's for a 94 4x4 Chevy silverado extended cab with a stepside bed. Also can anyone recommend someone in the metro Detroit area. I know I prob could just do it myself but my schedule is hetic and I'd just prefer to outsource the job.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would'nt pay any more than a couple hundred, i was going to do one for a guy on a tahoe but he could'nt wait and a shop hit him for 1000 which was a total rip off

92yukon

Reaction score
Yea for that price I think I would be finding time to do it myself. How much of a pain in the ass is it to actually do at home ? I know a lot of guys around here do this type of work everyday and may say its a piece of cake, but is it really the type of job an average joe with basic tools and jack stands should jump into ?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
They'll probably charge you for 6-8 hrs of labor on the install so whatever the labor rate is times that

Georgia Mike

Reaction score
I know it's a bit different, but the last BL I installed was on a '99 Wrangler, and I did it in my garage at home with only hand tools, a jack, and a pair of jack stands. The truck you have may be more (or less) involved, but all the same it shouldn't be a huge deal to tackle at home.

:hmm: Edit: For the above quoted price of $150 for "most" BL's I'd rather spend my time doing something else and let a shop do it for that small of an amount.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Mike, that's exactly what most people do haha. BL's are usually simple, hardest thing to do is extending the steering shaft. I know on some vehicles you have to extend some wires... Don't recall if it was on fords or some chevy's though.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My dad was looking at a body lift for his 5 speed ford and he had to extend the shift linkage.... i think that's what it's called. correct me if i'm wrong.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya most of them arnt to bad exspecially when you have done one on the same vehicle before. Kinda small pain in the arse things fuel filler needs extended sometimes, manual shifter rods, some wiring, bumpers, but anyone who can take a tire off can do it in their driveway with a basic set of tools and some brain.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can try Mumbly's Off Road In Clinton Township on Gratiot, if you need their phone number let me know. They were recommended to me at one time never got a chance to give tema try as something happned to the vehicle I had at the time and most have just gotten rid of it and was planning to go there just before it happened. Actually forgot about them until you asked about shops.