power window problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

primal1

Reaction score
my sound deadener did not stick to the door and was blocking the window from moving. i took off the door panel and fixed the problem but now my window will not roll up correctly. the back of the window will roll up while the front just sinks. if i guide it, it will go into place. if i try to roll it up without guidance, the front just falls and binds. are my tracks jacked.

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol was just in my door the other day and had this problem. Annoying as hell to get back in, but it sounds like the inner runner for the window regulator has gotten out of its track. Its on the inside of the door that the motor is mounted to.

primal1

Reaction score
Lol was just in my door the other day and had this problem. Annoying as hell to get back in, but it sounds like the inner runner for the window regulator has gotten out of its track. Its on the inside of the door that the motor is mounted to.

what are you calling the inner runner. i looked at the tracks and rollers and everything seems to be in place. is there some kind of adhesive or clip that keeps the window in the lift channel plate. mine window lifts out with out resistance

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
could be a few things, first off the rollers if they are gummed up they wont move nicely, secondly if one of the rollers is off its track itll sink, and lastly if the window channel bolt in front is missing it can cause tat channel to spread when you try to roll your window up.

primal1

Reaction score
could be a few things, first off the rollers if they are gummed up they wont move nicely, secondly if one of the rollers is off its track itll sink, and lastly if the window channel bolt in front is missing it can cause tat channel to spread when you try to roll your window up.

window channel bolt is in place. what is the lube called for the channel.