Power Steering Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTS1996

Reaction score
Needing some help with power steering, my pump was leaking and so were both lines, i replaced them and added fluid and the steering is hard. It steered fine before, but now it wont steer hardly at all unless i wind up the motor. Is there a bleeding process? I have yet to find one or anyone that knows

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my PS pump, lines and box and yes you have to bleed them. I jacked up the truck ( wheels off the ground )and turned lock to lock about twenty times before I even fired it up........

TTS1996

Reaction score
Its been turned alot up on jacks, been driven 100 miles or so since being replaced so its been turned several times. What gets me is the fact that i have to wind it up to turn it wether on jacks or not.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
New pump (guessing it's a rebuilt?) is probably crap, or it crapped out during your bleed procedure - if it wasn't ready to go, and you revved it up to turn, that would be enough.

From the GM C/K manual...it's not exactly what most people do, but I do it the way GM says -

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like a restriction in one of the lines. You might have a kinked or bent line somewhere.