Power Seats, locks and lights issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smashdn

Reaction score
98 K1500 LT Barn Doors

Just reinstalled my drivers seat after having it out for nearly two years while redoing the interior and recovering the seats. Right now the seat is as far forward and as high as it will go and I cannot drive it this way.

With multi-meter I have power to the three supply wires in the floor plug orange, smaller orange and brown.

My 30A Accessory breaker in my dash fuse panel gets incredibly hot. When I hit the door lock button the door kick panel light will flash and the relay above the gas pedal will click.

When I jiggle the seat plug while plugged in it does the same.

I have replaced the relay with a new one and no change.

Any idea why door locks, courtesy lights and seat would all be messed up?

(Is there a way to manually move the seat?)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205-093832_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205-093832_Firefox.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231205_084900.jpg
    20231205_084900.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231205_115235.jpg
    20231205_115235.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 5

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd check your grounds, clean, tighten . Other circuits picking up the ground side as back feed , as the normal ground isn't good enough. Power is a lot like water it always finds the easiest path. Be it the wrong wire or maybe even you at the wrong time.
Wiggle test failed. Recheck everything you touched.

smashdn

Reaction score
I am sort of an idiot. The issue was in that snarl of wiring harnesses under the seat I had plugged a connector back into another connector on the same side of the harness. In other words a feed plugged into another feed and shorted it all out.

I pulled everything back apart, stripped the electrical tape off and plugged stuff in one at a time and of course it worked.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya got similar connectors, yeah it's a hassle ,but take the time with some masking tape, a flag it with a "1" on one half and a "1" on the other half. The next connector with a "2" and so on. It's simple, works good for areas that just localized with multiple connectors. Why pull out your hair trying to remember it all, a few tags , boom back in business.
A couple misidentify connectors plugged in, and it could end up buying new parts, and air freshener to get rid of that burnt smell.