Post your other projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My latest project. 1929 R.P.U. (Roadster Pick Up) A customer's. He bought a kit for the top. Right year, right top, wrong top frame. The top frame is for a regular roadster, not an RPU. The RPU frame is shorter in height, & a bit wider, so to make the top kit fit, the back three panels had to be made longer, from scratch. No pattern. I made the top panel work, sort of. Not completly happy with the fit, but, I'm making silk purses from pig's ears, again! The owner's happy, and he understands what I was working with, plus I got paid!

Bare frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bowpads on, back window panel on.

Side panels on.

Top panel & trim on.

Finished top.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It's resto'd, but made to drive. Things like dual tail lights. (they only came with one) but that's because it has turn signals. The front signals are in the top of the headlight rings. (LED's) And it has a chrome grill. Cheaper to buy a chrome one than to buy a bare one & have it painted. Converted to a 12v system, plus a gear change from 4.11 to 3.55, so that it can be driven on the highway. Makes first gear useable, instead of being a stump-puller granny gear. Took the guys 3 months start to finish on the resto. It was just a pile of parts on a trailer, to begin with.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dad's friend actually just sold one of those, after 20 years of owner ship, with a restore, tons of upgrades, and many years of the beauty sitting in the garage tucked away with the GTO, he let her go