Please help my dome light is kicking my a$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well when i bought my truck the dome, cargo and foot well lights did not work. I have gotten the foot well lights to work. I replaced both door jam switches the dome light assy, and all bulbs but still no dome light . oh yeah three different head, park, dimmer swithes also. still no luck :wtf2:

Last edited:

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried but at the risk of sounding helpless. I am not to sure how to take all the plastic apart in the back seat to get the head liner down. I pulled on it slightly and it started to crack.

all bulbs are new

lighter charges my cell phone every day

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried but at the risk of sounding helpless. I am not to sure how to take all the plastic apart in the back seat to get the head liner down. I pulled on it slightly and it started to crack.

all bulbs are new

lighter charges my cell phone every day
Yeah man don't get down on yourself, there are plastic clips that hold most of it in... EVERYBODY breaks them when taking it off... Just how these trucks are... If you do decide to get it down, and happen to break a few, look into a plastic welder to repair em

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You don't have to pull the rear plastic down to get the headliner out, I re-did my headliner completely without pulling the rear plastic. It will slide out.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have to pull the rear plastic down to get the headliner out, I re-did my headliner completely without pulling the rear plastic. It will slide out.

I was not aware of this :shrug: I guess you learn something new everyday :lol:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Try ground connections in your 3rd brake light. My truck had the very same problem years ago and it turned out that a wire in the 3rd brake light needed to be grounded.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have the new style interior check where the wires pass behind the cupholder, that was my problem, the wires pinched off and grounded out and it was making them blink, could be a possible cause, take your glove box out and follow the wires up the dash make sure they aren't stuck, might not be the problem, but its another thing to check