Plate light socket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siggertx

Reaction score
So after doing a junkyard rear bumper swap I am in need of plate lights. This bumper takes what seems to be the most common two prong clip in lenses, however I need the bulb sockets as well. I can get the doorman lenses at several parts stores, but I can't seem to find the proper bulb sockets. The lenses have two tab slots, but the sockets seem to have 4. What is it that I'm after?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
This MIGHT be what you're looking for. Guy says it's for an S10, S15 (he thinks). It looks very similar, if not the same, as our trucks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GMC-Chevy-t...ash=item2cb2e6c0f2:g:9RAAAOSwboVXO1Tw&vxp=mtr

Otherwise, your best bet would probably be to find a truck being parted out on Craigslist or find a junkyard. This isn't something that would get trashed often, and would be fairly easy to pull and cheap to buy.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know there's a new socket on the market that works, I just had one replaced the other day on my Suburban. Next time I'm up at the shop that did it I'll ask them for the part number.