Plasti-Dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrussell19

Reaction score
I know a few people have done there rims and bumpers with this stuff and was wondering how duarable it really is....will it power wash off,how easy does it scratch, bc im actually thinking about doing my hood and roof of my truck.....and will any kind of primer work or do i need the plasti dip primer

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I used plasti-dip on my rear bumper not too long ago and I'll be honest, if you want to scratch it off you can. I couldn't tell you if it'll power wash off or not but I don't think so. Also you don't need any primer at all, just clean the surface of what your painting for less chance of it getting peeled off. If you're just looking for a different look without spending too much money then plasti-dip is perfect, it comes out a pretty clean matte black (or color of your choice). Just don't consider it permanent.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I plasti dipped my front bumper before I put my colormatched one on, took it to a carwash and put the high pressure hose a quarter inch from the bumper and blasted it, nothing happened.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My grill, bumper, and rims have been done for awhile now and its still holding up really good

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to youtube and type in plasti-dip there is a video of a guy pressure washing his truck holding the nozzle like an inch from his rockers wich are done in this stuff and you can clearly see that nothing happens...stuff seems to be pretty cool, and think of it this way its cheap and you can remove it by grabbing an edge and peeling it off if you dont like it...just my two pennies

jrussell19

Reaction score
ya im wanting to two tone my truck and im not sure if ill like it or not soo this stuff sounds legit for now......to bad its only 30 degrees out or the truck would be gettin done today