Picked up some diffs today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright so one bolt will not go in all the way because the threads are stripped (goes in about 3/4 of the way and then turns in place). Its the beginning threads because the bolt just slides in easily. :banghead: Its the one i've circled here, so what are my options? i mean i dont think it will cause the diff to leak because it is an upper bolt? should i get one of those heli coil kits

I wouldn't worry about the bolt it won't cause it to leak. I have a lower bolt broke off on my rearend and Jo leaking. Though if worried about it can try running a tap in the hole might work enough just don't get to strong when tightening it down.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, one of my buddies had the same thing happen, and we just filled up the hole a bit with the welder, and redrilled it the same size as before and tapped it, and he hasnt had any problems since we did it, 2 years ago.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
You have my attention LOL (14B SF)

Are you going to use a conversion kit to swap out the 10B?

I'm currently looking for a clean 14B to do the swap.