Performance vavle body on 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it make a big difference if i put a performance vavle body on my stock 4l60e and whats some ways to make it run cooler

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
changing valve bodies might do more harm than good counting on how many miles is on trans.The added pressure might burnout clutch packs if they're already heavily worn.If your trans was serviced on a regular basis you should be OK.
If your looking to make trans run cooler with a more crisp shift this is what I did to mine with 174k on it.
1 Drain all fluid from trans & converter,remove filter
2 Add a deep trans pan that has a drain plug installed.( makes it easier & less of a mess next time you change fluid)Make sure to use extension supplied with pan on new filter
3 use a full synthetic oil like royal purple or Valvoline Dex 4 full synthetic

You should have a remote trans cooler already installed in your truck if not add one.
Try & get as much of the old fluid out as possible.I did mine when engine was at the machine shop so removing & flushing torque converter was no big deal.You might have to take your truck to a trans shop & let them do the work so they can flush out the total system.Just dropping the pan will only get about 40% of old fluid out leaving most of the old fluid in the converter.Which I personally think is stupid because now your diluting new fluid with the old worn fluid,but thats just my opinion everyone has their own ideas about what to do.
I hope this helps

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i wanna get a deep trans pan but the one i want is like $300 and i aint got that kinda money to be spending on a trans pan and to tell you the truth i dont know if my truck has a trans cooler and if it dont i really want one and my trans doesnt have over 100,000 miles i put it in last november