Paycheck again at 71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First day turning wrenches in the shop in Junction City, Or. The 2006 F150 4x4 5.4 engine is being replaced and the transmission rebuilt with a new torque converter. I started at 10 am and stopped at 1 pm. Bagged and tagged the fasteners as I tore down and will be doing a cleanup on components that will be reused. Look at the flapper plates for the intake. I shot pics of all 4 on d/s and the other 4 looked the same. We are getting a new intake and actuator for the plates. This is getting many new parts as we go: Throttle body, radiator, fan blade and clutch, injectors, plugs, ignition coils are less than 6 months old-I installed them a while back for a misfire code, all mounts, belt, tensioner, idler, water pump, new reman FORD engine, oxygen sensors, a/c condenser, trans cooler, knock sensors, cam and crank sensors, receiver drier, hoses, accumulator, flushed a/c system, new transmission cooler lines, temp sender and sensor, MAF, purge valve, fuel filter, fuel pressure sensor and I am sure I have forgotten some things....

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Going back to the shop in JC, Oregon on Thursday and Friday. Talked to the other owner/tech today and he said that as soon as we are on the bottom of the downhill side of the engine and transmission swap on the F150, we will be sitting down with the other owner of the shop and working out a schedule and how pay will work. They know I just want cash and only part time. The tech at the shop said it is ok with him for me to use his tools when I am there. He knows that if I move my tools to the shop, I will for the right set up, then that would mean more money. I can work with it whatever way we go.

Turns out that just being patient and turning down the service advisor jobs at the two other shops, was the right thing to do. Old as I am, I would have probably ended up listening to too much of customer's not taking care of their own vehicles and telling someone to "EFFFFF OFF" and walking out.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Back to work on the 2006 F150 engine and transmission swap today. Worked from 9:30 to 2:30. Removed: ignition coils, tensioner, thermostat housing/crossover housing, wiper arms and upper cowling, engine bay engine power control module and bracket, radiator, both heater hoses from the heater core tubes, finished removing harness connections for engine and a/c compressor, drained a/c system, had to hand wrench 6 mounting bolts for the a/c compressor and p/s pump-no room, rear ground strap and coolant tube mount stud at back of engine, hood coming off tomorrow and unhooking the motor mounts, pulling new engine out of Ford engine crate pod and mounting on engine stand and setting the old engine in the pod after exhaust manifold removal. Then parts swap and new parts installed that can be done ahead of time. Will clean out engine bay and prep for new engine install. Sorry, no pics today of all this but will get them in the morning when I get there.