Parts List/help/tips for front end redo- 98 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey I'm newbie when it comes front end work. I have a 1998 GMC Sierra K1500 SLE Ext cab, and was recently under my rig and saw that the lower ball joint on the driver's side is leaking. Looking at some of the other wear and tear, and that this truck has 177,000+ miles, it looks like to be the time to redo the entire front end. I see lots of different kits/brands online (everything from Amazon and Ebay, Moog, etc.) but I'm not sure on which parts I should really be looking for first (example- should I be looking at the upper arms with the ball joints, as it seems that would be easier/faster to install, etc.) which brands/sites to go with or avoid, etc. I dont plan on doing the work myself (getting old and have a bad back). I couldnt find a "master list" of potential parts that would or should be involved. Can anyone out there on the interwebs give a OBS truck owner some help/direction?
Thanks!